Shazam The New Beginning #1-4 Complete Set | 1987 DC Comics
“Shazam! The New Beginning!” Part 1 of 4. Black Adam cameo. Story by Roy and Dann Thomas. Art by Tom Mandrake. In the wake of Crisis on Infinite Earths, DC decides to revamp and reinvigorate their universe, and their heroes. First, Superman, then Wonder Woman and the Batman, now it’s the Big Red Cheese who gets the revamp treatment. When fifteen-year-old Billy Batson utters the magical word “Shazam,” he is transformed into the adult hero Captain Marvel. With powers that rival even Superman’s, Captain Marvel possesses the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury. An automobile accident leaves young Billy Batson orphaned. Forced to live with his cruel Uncle Sivana, Billy soon learns that his parent’s death might not have been an accident.
Key issue featuring:
- 1st appearance of modern Shazam
- 1st appearance of modern Savana
- First Print
- Direct Edition
- Key Issue – 1st app of modern Shazam & Savana
- Complete story arc – issues 1-4
- Does not come bagged or boarded
- English Language
Item Condition: Collector’s Copy
- A comic that has some flaws from previous ownership. Overall the comic makes a nice addition to a collection, however, it may show some of the following: – Spine ticks – Fingerprints on the glossy pages. – Very light wear on the spine i.e a very light crease from opening the comic. – The corners will be maybe a little blunt but not too round. New comics will still contain their glossy finish. – Comics older than 1995 may have off-white pages. -All pages will lie flat. No other bends or creases are evident in the book. Suitable for Collectors who like great condition comics for their collection.
Digital & coupon codes may not work as these are pre-owned comics
Be sure to check out our other back issue comics while you are shopping.
Condition & Grading
All of our comics are ungraded unless otherwise stated. Different people have different versions of what a Very Fine or a Near Mint are, so we prefer to leave this to the experts such as CGC or CBCS. We divide our comics up into categories
- Investment Copy
- Collector’s Copy
- Reading Copy
- Acceptable Copy
All of our comics come bagged & boarded. Unless otherwise stated all of our comics are first prints. Some pre-1995 comics may be Newsstand Editions. We will note in the product specifications if the comic is a direct or a newsstand edition.
Please note comic books sales are excluded from our refunds & returns policy.